Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Hunter is here!


Yay! Colby Hunter Holmes is finally here. He was born on October 9th, 2009. He weighed 6 lbs. 9 oz. and he's 19 1/2 inches long, and a very handsome little boy.
Shortly after he was born after they did some tests on him he was having a hard time breathing. It wasn't too bad, just had some shy breathing when he'd go to sleep, so they x-rayed his chest and nothing, did blood work and nothing, so he was on oxygen for about two and a half days. They had a clear bucket thing over his head while he was in the incubator, and Saturday night he got a tube taped to his face in front of his nostrils to make it easier for us to feed him. On Sunday morning about 10:30 am they turned off the oxygen and from there he didn't need it anymore. So from Friday to Sunday he was stuck in the nursery. We had to go in there to feed him or if we wanted to hold him. Sunday they discharged me, but were nice enough to let Colby and I stay in the same room for free until Monday when they discharged him. He's home now and he's healthy, and I'm learning what everyone means by wear a rain jacket when you change him. lol.
The girls just love him. Jamie is asking every half hour if she can hold him, and her and Camrie just sit and stare at him sometimes, it's so sweet.



9 comments:

Unknown said...

Julie! He's so cute!!!! Congratulations! Glad to hear everything is ok. Cute big sisters too! Send me your email address and I'll send you a link to our blog. I'd love to keep in touch with you. :)

Crystal Leavitt (Brown)

Unknown said...

my email address is: crystal.leavitt@gmail.com

Olsen's said...

Congrats! He is so handsome. Glad to hear everything went well.

Camille D said...

He is so cute! Glad he is home and everything is going well. Congratulations! This is Camille Didericksen, by the way!

The Walch Family said...

Hi Julie!!!
Congrats on that sweet baby boy! I am so happy that things are good for you and that he is home safe and healthy . Just a note about RS Scrapbooking class... I am cancelling it for Oct and we will see. I may just cancel it until Jan as I am not doing one in Dec. We will be in touch I'm sure for that. Congratulations on that sweet blue bundle from heaven!
Hugs
Colleen

Vickilyn said...

He is way super cute. Congrats on the new addition. I am glad that you are all home and doing well.

Andy and Sarah said...

Congrats on the new baby, glad everything is ok. Blake had the oxygen thing over his head too. Hope everything is going well.

Sherri said...

Oh Julie, he is adorable. So glad things got worked out with his breathing!! How are you liking the boy thing??? We found out we are having another boy. Mike can't wait!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! That is one cute baby! And Colbs you make a pretty cute daddy! And Julie a pretty gorgeous hot little mamma! I can't wait to see you and the new little man! LOL!