Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The Circus












We went to the Circus at the Deseret Peak Complex in Tooele. It was a small Circus, and there wasn't hardly anyone there, but I think that made it even more fun. We were right up next to the show. The whole Holmes family went, Ron and Nancy, Zach and Nae and their girls, and Us.
Jamie and me made some little animal masks before she went to school. All the little girls had a different animal, and I think they all really liked it.
Grandpa Holmes paid for all the little girls to ride the Elephant and that was a lot of fun. They were all really excited at first, then a little nervous once they got on it, but they were all smiles when it walked around in circles. Jamie said she felt the elephant and it was rough. I told her I've never felt an elephant let alone ride one. I thought it was neat to have all the girls together on one big elephant. Jamie, Abby, Logan, Camrie, and Lilly. Thanks Grandpa, they'll have that to remember for the rest of their lives.
After the intermission a clown was sitting behind us and needed a volunteer, so Nae pointed out Zach and he took him down to the floor. We were all laughing so hard. Zach ended up doing some juggling tricks with the clown. It was great.
It was a pretty funny Circus and because there weren't a lot of people there we had a lot of the sales people that kept walking in front of us, it just made me laugh. Ron kept dickering with the guy with the light up swords, he wanted $10 a piece and he'd come by and look at Ron and Ron would count all the kids and say five for $30. lol. It ended up being a joke whenever he walked by. It was pretty funny. Every time he'd pass us Hunter would stop what he was doing and just watch the flashing lights pass by.
Colby bought all the little girls a big pickle, that was kind of fun.
Thanks to JaNae I have all these great pictures since I forgot my camera. Thank you Nae. Thanks Ron and Nancy for the circus, it was awesome.
All in all we had a great time and the kids all loved it. Hunter didn't do to bad either, he got a little fussy, but was pretty good considering it was his nap time.
Hip hip hooray, the circus is today.

2 comments:

Deb-t said...

I wish they would have advertised the circus a little better, I would have liked to take the family. Maddie might find it boring but I think Jaden would love it. Your kids are BRAVE to ride an elephant! Were you a little bit scared?

Deb-t said...

Oh and I forgot to say that I love the new picture at the top of your blog of all the kids. They are all so adorable!