Friday, July 9, 2010

Swim lessons




I signed the girls up for swim lessons because I am deathly afraid of them drowning and want to feel better about my girls and water.  The very first day Camrie's class were walking to the step that you see her on and she couldn't reach as well as the rest of the class and was jumping up and down waving her arms and her face kept going under I jumped up and screamed at the boy in front of her and he turned around and grabbed her out of the water.  Talk about scary, I wanted to cry, I was shaking so bad I couldn't feed Hunter without getting it all over his face.  I called and complained and needless to say her teachers are being much more observant, and now they carry two children at a time over instead of having them walk.  How would that be, to have your child drown at swimming lessons? Geez! 
 Anyway, both girls are doing really good now.  They aren't pros, but they are trying new things, and feeling better about water.  They both love swim lessons, especially play time.  



1 comment:

Deb-t said...

I'm a little worried about water myself because I can't really swim and I'm really afraid of it. Luckily my kids took swimming lessons and I get to do the Mom and Tot class next summer with Rendon.
HOW FREAKY that you had to inform the teacher that your child was under water! Oh my gosh, I would be shaking like crazy, too!