I really need to post some recent pictures, but I haven't downloaded them from my camera yet. So today I'm just writing.
Today we went to the pool in Erda/Grantsville, Desert Peak Complex, for my girls softball pool party and while I was walking around the water holding Hunters hand I saw a little boy about four feet away from us and about 2 years old that I thought was playing in the water and I thought to myself "when is he going to come up for air", then I realized he was stuck face down, and just as I realized that the lifeguard came crashing by and snagged him up out of the water. He came up with wide eyes gasping for air. I grabbed my heart and realized what could have just happened right in front of my eyes. I told the lifeguard over and over "good job, good job, oh my gosh good job", and she handed the little boy to his mother and grabbed her heart, looked at me and said, "so scary". It's 4:00 in the morning, I've been rolling back and forth since about 1:00 and I have SO many things going through my head. What if I had to save that little boy? Hunter was about chest high in the water and I wouldn't want to leave him, but this child is someone's little boy. I'm sure I'd try to take Hunter with me, but then I think these ugly ugly thoughts. Could I sacrifice my child so that someone else could have theirs? It makes me cry just thinking about it, because I don't think I could. My biggest biggest fear is losing another person that I love. I could try to save him, and I could scream for help, but I couldn't leave Hunter alone. I remember a story about a man that had his daughter and his daughters friend and they crashed and the car went under water and he had to grab one and come up for air and he chose to get his daughters friend. What a choice to make. Makes me tearing thinking about it. I just hope and pray that I'll never be in that type of situation. I am so so thankful for that life guard today for doing her job. I haven't been able to shake the image of the little boy face down right in front of Hunter and me. I hate all the thoughts that come with it. It also makes me think of the scriptures. I can't quote names, but a man that tried hard to have children finally had one boy and Heavenly Father asked the man to show his faith by sacrificing his own son. The man that loved his son so much and knew he couldn't have any more children put his son on an alter and was going to kill him. Just as he was about to an angel appeared and told him he had proven himself and he didn't have to kill his only son. What faith he had. I feel like my faith is pretty strong, but I don't think I could ever sacrifice one of my children.
Love what you have while you have it. Show them how much you care. Don't go one day without saying I love you!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh! How scary! Kids can get away from you so quickly and it only takes seconds for tragedy to happen. I'm glad that little boy is OK. And I hope you're OK too. It's hard to shake the "what could have happenned's".
Post a Comment