Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Camping memorial weekend


The Holmes bunch got together and camped up in the Holmes campground that we call the "Lower Eighty" in Stockton. We had so much fun. It was a great weekend. After we were all done loading everything up we went over and picked up Jamie from school on her last day. The kids were all really excited to go. We didn't want to make two trips, or take two separate vehicles so we had the trailer and the four wheeler trailer all hooked up to the truck. It was an interesting drive. We picked up Little Ceasers Pizza on the way up since it was lunch time and we had a heck of a time getting out of the parking lot. lol.
We stayed up there Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and half of Monday. It's probably the longest camping trip we've had with the kids. The kids were busy and DIRTY all weekend. They always had something to do. Four wheeler rides, playing with bow and arrows, nature hikes, playing with the rocks in the river bed, coloring, eating, making up games. They were busy busy and didn't complain once about being bored. One evening Nancy brought out some glow sticks and the kids where throwing them in the air and chasing them, it was really fun with it being dark and all. There getting old enough that we don't have to worry about them as much, and the older girls were such great helpers. One evening we even put all the girls in one trailer watching a movie and coloring while we played cards in another trailer. We told Abbie and Jamie they were the babysitters and they threatened time out and they cleaned up after the little ones. lol. It was great. All of the kids got along really well. On Sunday it was just our little family for most of the day and we had mostly wind and rain but that just meant we got to hang out together in the trailer. When the weather got better we went on a nature hike and then a pretty good four wheeler ride. I thought it was great. Time inside and time outside. I think by Monday we were all feeling a little dirty and tired, but us adults got the best shooting in on Monday. We played a game where we shot from 10 yards, 20 yards, 30 yards, and 40 yards. Who ever got the closest won. I have to brag a little. I won once on the 40 yards. lol. It skipped off the group and nailed the target. lol. It was pretty fun since all the adults were able to play. I got to sight in my bow finally after having it a few years. It was SO much fun. Monday was memorial day and I couldn't help but think that it would have been so great to have my sister Jamie there with us since we were having so much fun. I know she would have loved it too. She probably WAS there with us. Giggling at our jokes and laughing at the kids. All in all I thought it was a great weekend. I really enjoyed myself, and I know the kids did too. I love my family to pieces and am so glad we get to make these memories together.





Abbie and Jamie shot ALL weekend. I think this was probably their favorite part of the trip.









Grandpa brought out some flippers to flip rocks at the targets with.

Even though the flippers were meant for the little kids the big kids, Colby and Zach, probably had the most fun with them. They were flipping balls up in the air and letting the air carry them.  I had SO much fun watching. I was laughing so hard. They were so funny. Like little boys with new toys. They even shot them and had the girls running out to get them. So funny. They played with those things for probably a good half hour.






Hunter had a rough night the first night, but every night after that was fine. It got a little cold Saturday night when our little heater turned off, but Colby got it figured out and warmed it back up. The kids didn't even notice.




Packing it up. Getting ready to go.


All the Holmes kids. Abby, Jamie, Hunter, Camrie, Kiptyn, Lilly, & Logan.

My DIRTY kiddo's on the last day. Jamie, Hunter, Camrie.


This was our long haul. I'm thankful to have a trailer that we can camp in and have the chance to make such wonderful memories. We wouldn't have the four wheeler without Ron and Nancy, and I'm thankful for that enjoyment as well.

No comments: