We took a two day trip to Lake Powell with Ron and Nancy so that we could have one last joy ride on the house boat. I was full of anxiety before we left since we'd be around so much water and the kids are so young, but it ended up being a really nice trip. I was really nervous when we were trying the life jackets on Hunter and he freaked out and didn't want one on. I didn't think we'd be able to keep it on him with out a huge fight, but when we got to the lake and he saw the water and we told him he had to have a life jacket on if he wanted to be anywhere near it he obeyed with a smile. Was more then happy to. (Thank Goodness). Nancy, Colby, the kids and I all stayed in a cozy little hotel room during the night, and Ron slept on the house boat. Unfortunately I was sick the whole time, even took a trip to the local doctors office. My throat was covered in white and pretty sore, my body was achy all over, my joints felt like they were going to pop apart at any moment and I kept getting hot and cold, sweaty and clammy. Not too much fun. But at least I could just relax and watch the kids play. Much better then being home trying to take care of my daily tasks. Nancy and Colby helped out a lot, so that I could just rest. The kids had so much fun on the beach and playing in the water. Camrie was on a hunt to collect as many shells as she could, Hunter was in pure heaven throwing every rock on the beach into the water, and Jamie had the idea to build a wall of mud and make a little river going into the lake. Ron and Nancy sold the houseboat this weekend and I'm sure it's bitter sweet for them. I'm glad that we got a chance to enjoy it before it was gone. We were able to do some fishing which even though I wasn't feeling well was pretty fun, and entertaining. There were fish swimming around the house boat (dumb fish). Colby saw them and immediately set up a pole and threw it out with some bread on it and sure enough one of them chomped it up. He handed the pole to Jamie to real it in and she got a kick out of it. Loved it! I went over to take a look and hold a pole for a second and a big ole fish came by checking out the bread when it took a little nibble I jerked up on the line and this is probably going to totally gross people out, but I snagged it right in the bum hole. lol. Ron said it would make a pretty good camp fire story. We were making all kinds of jokes after that. It was funny for us, but that poor fish probably won't be able to poop for a week. lol. Colby even caught a cat fish. Made some great memories this weekend!
 |
| 88 degrees with my sweat shirt on. Pretty sure I had a fever. My good boy kept his life jacket on, he only complained once and when we told him again that he had to keep it on to be by the water we never said another word about it. |
 |
| Here's the house boat, and Rons little boat that took us around the lake. |
 |
| Yay! A nap! |
 |
| Colby's trying to decide how to get the catfish off the hook. |
 |
| Jamie swore she'd sit there until she caught another fish. I don't think she did. |
 |
| I think because of the spot I caught the fish in he was able to swim a lot harder. Took a bit to get him reeled in. |
 |
| Everyone got a chance to hold the pole with the fish on it until we finally let them go. |
 |
| The fish weren't small. They were pretty good sized. |
 |
| The girls said their favorite part was being in the water and on the beach. |
 |
| Jamie was getting pretty good at skipping the rocks. |
 |
| Grandma getting ready to make some sandwiches. |
 |
| Grandpa finally sitting down. He was pretty busy getting the houseboat ready to sell. |
 |
| Daddy playing with Cam. You can see my car in the back. We found a spot that you could drive down to and have the houseboat and boat all in the same place. It was perfect, and not to far from our lodge. |
1 comment:
Looks like fun. Never been to Lake Powell before. Your kids are also getting big.
Post a Comment