It's become a fun tradition to get together with all of the Holmes family for General Conference and this year for the April Conference sessions JaNae and I wanted to find a way to get the kids to pay attention a little more, or at least be in the same room without running around the house and being busy bodies. So we put our heads together and came up with an activity for every Apostle. The kids LOVED it. They were so excited for each speaker that came up. We put a picture of the Apostle on a paper bag and when he came up to speak we'd pause it and the kids got to see what there activity was. We had to get creative with the activity's since we had to come up with 15 of them. It was a lot of work, but I think it was worth it. Zach and JaNae and their kids slept over Saturday night so that we could keep it going Saturday morning. Grandma and Grandpa Holmes were with us as well. We had some yummy meals, and just good times. I wish I'd taken more pictures to show you all the activities. The best was when the kids were doing their activity and you could hear them giggle and repeat what the Apostle just said, or when they were singing along with the Tabernacle Choir. I love how they always get so excited when we mention Conference.Thanks Nae for the fun weekend, and for taking so many pictures.












 |
| Purple Crepes for April fools Day. |
 |
| We made jello for the kids to "drink" in the morning. It was pretty funny. |
 |
| These were candy/cereal necklaces |
 |
| This table was the Conference Quiet Zone, and the kids kept reminding each other of that. It was great. |
 |
| This is the sugar cube temples |
We had all sorts of activities: Church words BINGO, Play dough, Sugar cubes, Blocks, Pipe cleaners with popsicle sticks, Lacing cards, Dot coloring, Coloring with paint & markers, Glow in the dark jars (space in a jar), Snacks, Making bracelet/ necklaces, Scavenger Hunt.
That's all I can remember at the moment, but we had a lot and the kids sure had fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment