On March 24th, 2012 Jamie and her cousin Jaelynn were baptized by Colby. It was such a great day. The girls were so excited and it was just a happy day. Everything went really well, other then "the water was really hot". I guess it was like a hot tub, but at least it wasn't freezing.
We sang When I Am Baptized, then my niece Abby gave a quick little opening prayer, JaNae gave an amazing talk. She had Jamie and Jae stand up by her and had them clean a penny in vinegar that was the same year as their birth. "These pennies were born the same year as you.... or made I guess" haha. She had everyone laughing, and paying attention. The little girls were giggling and smiling looking back and forth at each other. It was so great. Then Colby baptized Jaelynn and then Jamie, then Lisa and me got the girls dressed. Ron gave a talk on the holy ghost and you could really feel the spirit. Then the girls were confirmed by Colby. Our bishop made a few comments, and we closed by singing I'm trying to be like Jesus, and my mom, Maxine, gave the closing prayer. It was such a special and emotional day. I know that family that had passed on was there as well to see these two beautiful girls doing what Heavenly Father asked of them, and choosing the right. The spirit was so strong.
After the baptism we had a little luncheon back at our house. It was nice to sit and visit with everyone and enjoy the girls special day. Thank you everyone that came and participated. It was such an amazing day!
| Camrie and Lexie wanted to have their picture taken together also, and out of five pictures this was the best on. lol. |
2 comments:
What a special time to be a young lady and be 8. Jules I can't believe you have a child that is 8. Congrats on her baptism and prayers that she will always remember her special day and its meaning.
Congrats Jamie and Jaelynn!
Post a Comment