Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Real party at Zach and Nae's

Saturday we had a fun little get together at Zach and JaNae's house. The party was for the Real game. Real Salt Lake is in the playoffs, and they're doing really good. The game was Real vs. Chivas, and it didn't start until 8:30 pm.
We went over to Zach and Nae's early and played the Wii for awhile, and then JaNae made the best soup ever. I didn't think I'd like it, because I don't really like trying new things, especially when I hear it has tomatoes in it, but she made taco soup, and it was soooo good. Thank you Nae, your a great cook. Everyone in our little family was there. Ron and Nancy even brought Afton with them. We got down with Rock band. Zach played the guitar, and I played the drums, Colby and JaNae switched off singing and playing guitar. When I was playing the drums, I'd get the beat down, then Colby would start to sing, and totally throw me off. hahaha. He's going to love me for saying that. We did have a lot of fun though.
We told the girls that they were having a pajama party, and Zach and Colby brought a big TV into their bedroom and the girls were on the floor in a little bed of blankets and watched Kung Fo Panda and the Christmas Carol Barbie show. They had a good time as well. Before the Real game started Ron decided he wanted to join the girls, and took a nap on one of their beds. After their Barbie movie was over they all went to sleep on the floor, except Camrie. Towards the end of the Real game she was getting pretty cross so I had to walk with her and rock her to sleep, that's always a little frustrating. Poor thing, I think she just wanted her own bed. Luckily I could hand her off to Daddy, because she's starting to get pretty heavy. Although, I don't remember the last time she fell asleep in my arms, it was kind of nice to just hold her and love her for a bit.Real won the game, it was so exciting, I'd explain all the awesome stuff that happened in the game, but it would probably bore everyone, it was a great game. They get to play at home this Saturday, and if they win this game they get to play for first place in the playoffs. Go Real!!

1 comment:

Thomas Family said...

Julie, Thanks for your support. It is good to hear that people like the book so far. I am really excited about it and am working with an editor to get the story just right!
Thanksgiving looks like it was so fun. We miss you guys and love you so much. Your little girls are darling, and I love your blog.