Saturday, February 14, 2009

YAY!!! We finally got some snow.

Today is Valentines day and we finally got enough snow to play in. Colby went outside to shovel the walks and I got the girls in their winter gear and we went outside and made a big snowman and a snow bunny just for Jamie. She's been wanting to make a snow bunny since last year when she saw one in another yard, but we haven't had enough snow to do anything until today, yippee! The snow mans arms are made from one of our little trees we planted last year that someone stepped on and broke when they were putting flags in our yard to mark where power lines were. That was a bummer, but at least we got to use it for something. It's a good thing we went out a little early too, because I just looked out the window and most of our front yard is melted already. I have to say I probably over dressed the girls, but I didn't realize how warm it really was until I went out there myself. When I came back inside the temperature gage said it was around 44 degrees. That's alright though, we didn't freeze, we had fun, and the snow was great packing snow.
Say HI for the camera.
Can't play in the snow without eating a little.Nancy gave us a cute little "Snow man can" for Christmas. It has a plastic carrot, some buttons, and some little dots for the eyes and mouth. There's only enough for one snow man, but we split them up into two for the snowman and the bunny.Jamie's getting old enough to be able to do some herself.Notice Colby's sleeves? It was pretty warm. And I totally didn't mean to cut off his head, but the sun was on the camera, so I was lucky the girls are even in the picture.

Thanks Daddy for taking a picture of me and my girls. Just so you all know I rolled the snowman's bottom, and I don't know how those little fifth and sixth grade kids used to roll those snowballs that were bigger then they were, because I had a hard time rolling one the size of Camrie.

Ahhh... Good times.

3 comments:

Nae said...

I'm glad Jamie finally got to make her snow bunny! Looks like you had fun!

The Walch Family said...

What fun photos ! I will get that blogging print thing to you as soon as I find it !

Snyder-mom said...

Way fun pictures Jules!!! The bunny turned out really cute. I kinda think that the reason you had a hard time rolling the bottom of Camrie's snowman is because you don't even weigh as much as a 5th grader! ;)