I haven't updated my blog in awhile, so I thought I should.
Jamie gave a talk in church on Sunday and she did such a great job. She didn't want my help at all either. One of the teachers went up to try to help her get started and she told her that she didn't need any help. The teacher sat down and looked at the other teacher and shrugged, like... I guess she doesn't want help, it was pretty funny. She talked loud, she showed her pictures to everyone, she remembered all of it, and she gave a great, funny, but great testimony when she was done. The Second Counselor got to see the talk and came up to me later and told me that when she was doing her talk him and his wife just stared at each other in awe.. He said he couldn't believe she had it all memorized and was doing it all by herself, he thought she was a natural, and he said he'll be asking her to say a talk in sacrament meeting. I'm so proud of her, and am glad that she is becoming so confident. Jamie will be turning 5 in March. She's getting so big.
If you didn't all read Colby's status update in our Facebook, we're expecting another baby. Due in October. I figure if he's going to post it there I might as well post it here. We're pretty excited. I'm not super excited about the whole October thing since that's right around the hunt, but it will be fun to have a baby in the family again. The girls are really excited too, especially Jamie. I don't remember who, but someone asked her what she thought we were going to have and she told them it wasn't her decision and that Jesus would decide what we get. I couldn't believe she said that, what a smarty pants, it was really cute. I have been soooo tired, and I've been craving meat, mostly chicken. I like being pregnant, but then there's so much I don't like about it. We plan on putting Camrie and Jamie in the same room with a bunk bed, and putting the baby in Cams room. It's going to be great. I can't wait.
I got a new calling in the ward, I'm the Enrichment Leader. It's been a lot of fun, and a blessing to me, I get to help plan and organize all the activities, and it's been really good for me because it's helping me feel like I'm part of the ward. I'm getting to know so many women, and I'm learning to love all of them so much.
On a sad note, Colby's work has been SUPER slow, so a lot of people have been laid off, Colby has had a huge cut in pay because his trucks aren't working for him, and we've been scrimping like crazy. Colby's been calling everyone he knows for side work, and has been working every day except Sunday for the past few weeks. We luckily had some money in savings, but if work doesn't pick up soon he might have to go out of state and find work with another company. I really don't want him to have to do that. Hopefully work will start coming in and we can get back to our normal life. I hate not being able to eat out, or go to the store when I need or want something, or pick up a small toy for the girls when we go to buy milk and bread. I know it will all get better sometime or another. We know work is coming up, we just don't know when.
I'm glad that the weather is warming up and am excited for February. I hope everyone has a fun Valentines Day!!!!
My pictures have nothing to do with my post, but I thought they were fun and cute.
1 comment:
Oh my Gosh!!! Congrats Julie, I'm sooo excited for you guys!!! It'll be fun to have another baby in the family!! I miss those days!!!
Wendy
Post a Comment