Monday, August 10, 2009

Colby's half marathon


I just want to say how proud I am of Colby. He ran his first half marathon on Saturday the 8th of August. He had to wake up around 3:00am in the morning so that he could make it to Provo and on the bus that takes you to the top of the canyon for the race. The race started about 7:00am. Thanks to Ron and Nancy I was able to see him at the end. Ron and Nancy picked the girls and me up at 7:00am, just in time to see Colby running to the finish. He ran 13 miles in 1:59:36. Just under two hours. Great job Honey, you did awesome. Hopefully next time I can say that I got to run too.


Yay Daddy!! We were SO surprised to see him looking so good. I thought he'd have to drag himself across the finish. Nope, he proved me wrong. He said the only bad part is that he was keeping pace with a bunch of girls. I'm sure he liked that more then he was putting on though. lol. He only walked once and that was to grab a drink of water at one of the watering stations.


His brother Zach instigated the whole thing. He talked Colby and their friend Jess into running with them. Poor Jess wore his soccer shoes with no padding and felt like his feet were broken. Zach and Colby went back to find him and jogged with him to the finish line. Good job boys!


Camrie showing how fast she can run.


Jamie showing how fast she can run. The girls both had a good time, and were able to just run around and play on the grass while we waited. They were so excited and cheered for Colby when he passed by.

No comments: